NOOZOON - New Life

This is where I -- artist, novelist and curmudgeon, William James Johnson -- hang out. Drop in to find out how much mischief an old guy like me can get into.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

I walk five miles every day in the beautiful park across the road. I have regular friends who in our discussions are trying to solve the world's problems. So far we haven't found any answers. But the journey keeps going on.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Freement by William James Johnson Chapter 22

The Freement movement had taken hold in Chathurst. Young people, in their search for personal identity were risking everything, and large numbers of them began residing in the Skid Row area as I had suggested. With the school year at an end, Stu and I were intent on finding a way to keep the momentum going during the summer months.
"I think we'll lose a lot of these kids if we don't find a permanent place to conduct our meetings. We're okay having outdoor sessions once in awhile, as long as we don't attract too much attention. But if we're going to become a meaningful
revolution, we've got to operate from a firm base."
"Well you can count on me for the summer. I was going to go back home, but this is too important. I'm hanging in there all the way with you Marty."
"Me too," said Rick. "What's Clara doing this summer?"
"Got herself a job as a kid's supervisor in Holton. We won't be seeing much of each other this summer."
"Why do you bother with her anyway?" asked Stu. "That other chick at the Ace is a helluva lot cooler."
"Yeah. Donna is a sweet looking woman. But Clara presents more of a challenge. Something' personal, if you know what I mean."
"You get a kick outa working for it."
"Not really. She makes me think of another girl I knew who got so screwed up by religion, I just don't want that to happen to Clara."
"You mean that girl you told us about?"
"That's the one. I'm surprised you remember."
"Were you the guy who knocked her up?"
"I'd rather not talk about it, do you mind?"
"Whatever you say Marty. Now about our meetings. I was thinking we could continue having them outside, but keep using different parks, so that there is no pattern."
"Not a bad idea Stu. But that's only a temporary solution. We've got to get ourselves a permanent place."
"For the time being, why not right here on campus?" asked Rick. "With summer school goin' on, who's gonna notice the extra kids. There's all kinds of places here."
The temporary solution worked for the first six weeks of the summer. Both Rick and Stu conducted discussions in smaller groups when I was not available. Young people from all over the city flocked to my Freement meetings. There was an increase in delinquency in the city because of my radical ideas, but the powers that be were not in the picture on Freement so they were unable to account for the drastic change in the behaviour of their children. I didn't condone such irresponsible conduct, but I realized there was very little I could do to stop it once a young Freementer made a commitment to destroy his conscience.
Every new movement has unstable elements that tend to discredit it. I knew it was only a matter of time before the genuine Freementers quashed this unruly clique. I would leave it to them.
All three of us spent much of our time working at the auto plant that summer. I was made an inspector in the paint department and they were both employed on the final assembly line. At work, the attitude of my superiors changed now that I was
a University student. The superintendent tried to convince me I should consider permanent employment with the company when I graduated. I managed to avoid making any promises.
As an inspector, I was able to wear a suit to work instead of coveralls. I ate lunch with the foreman and the factory superintendent in the management cafeteria. I enjoyed my newly acquired distinction and made use of my freedom of movement to talk to the workers about my Freement ideas. During the first month of the summer, I wasn't taken seriously, then at last the men began talking about my concepts. They were afraid of them, and said so, in no uncertain terms. Some, who referred to me as the "summer enjoyment" type, accused me of spreading ideas of
disloyalty among the workers, and I was summoned by the plant superintendent.
"Johnny, I've been hearing some fantastic rumours about you. I'm not the kind of guy who goes behind a fellow's back. I wouldn't be in this position if I were. I like to deal with personal problems up front."
"Something wrong with my work?"
"Hell no. You've always given us full value for your wages. It's this other thing. Apparently you've been spouting some ideas about your personal philosophy, and it's got the men upset."
"I don't ask them to listen. If they don't want to hear them, they don't have to hang around. Besides, I do this on my own time, during breaks."
"That's not the point. You've got to realize you're in a position of responsibility. The men look to you for leadership."
"I'm just a paint inspector for Chrissake. What the hell kind of leadership are you talking about?"
"Cool it there mister. I've brought you in here for your own good. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you."
"My exchanging ideas with the men is the only thing that makes this job tolerable."
"I can't believe you're being so belligerent. You got a chip on your shoulder or something?"
"You want to be helpful, you ought to have that bastard Macdonald Burney in here. He's done more damage to the guys morale than ten fellows like me. At least I give the guys a chance to think. Burney's nothing but a religious bully."
"Look here Johnny. It's you I'm trying to help, not Macdonald Burney."
"Well you better start worrying about him. He's one of the reasons I think the way I do. If you think you're gonna drop me in the deep stuff, you better be prepared to give that sonofabitch the same treatment."
"I don't have to take this kind of abuse. If I see something is wrong with the men, it's up to me to fix it."
"Then do what you gotta do, but keep your goddamn nose out of my business."
"You're really asking for it. I can suspend you for this insubordination."
"For Chrissake you're like all the others. You don't even know what I've been saying, yet you're ready to kick my ass."
"I'm not interested in your ridiculous ideas. I'm only concerned about the morale of my men. You've been saying things that got em all screwed up, and I'm warning you to watch your step."
I stood up and put my hands on his desk, and leaned into him.
"Warning me...Who the hell do you think you are, threatening me like this? I don't have to take this kind of shit from you or anyone else. Freement has had it up to here with your fucking rules."
"That does it. I'm putting you on probation for a week. You've had a good record until now, don't let one year of book learning wash that record down the drain."
"To hell with your probation. You can take your job and stuff it up your ass. If you were half the leader you say you are, you would have gotten rid of that bastard Burney years ago."
"You're making a hell of a mistake. Walk out of this office, and you'll never work here again."
"That suits me fine. I've got more important things to do then kiss ass with guys like you."
As I got up to leave, he added a final remark. "Oh did I forget to mention it. Mac's no longer with us. Seems he's gone into the ministry full time, doing God's work."
I felt empty inside as I walked to the time clock. Collecting my card I grabbed a factory taxi and went to the personnel office to get my severance cheque. There was a different receptionist now. Other than that, everything was the way it had been eight years ago when I sat under the photos, waiting for a chance to apply for a job.
Walking out of the gate, I looked back at the massive, noisy cavern. Men disappeared into the greyish bowels of this raucous machine, freed only by the shrill whistle which gave them a few minutes to remember they were alive, then back again into the grinding groin, producing, ever producing. That last look summed up those long, tedious, never ending years. I got into my car and headed for Brush Street, and freedom.
The area was changing since my movement began. Bars were filled with a younger clientele. Nubile young girls with mask like makeup and micro mini skirts, plied their trade on every corner. The older derelicts were frightened that these energetic young miscreants were expropriating their septic tank existence. They were incapable of seeing like Freement, that out of this apparent chaos would come order.
I went upstairs at the Ace looking for Donna.
"Try her apartment. She usually hangs out there until dark."
"Where is it?"
"Strange...I thought you were good friends."
"We are. Just never been to her place."
"2138 Broadway. Upstairs. Don't tell her I told you."
Broadway Avenue cut Chathurst down the middle. On the east, the streets led into the factory town; to the west, were the professional offices, upper class residences, and the University. Her apartment was above the Royal beauty salon. I knocked and waited.
"Who is it?"
"Me Donna...Johnny."
"Give me a minute..."
The bolt slid and the door opened slowly. Her hair hung in long loose strands over the pink nylon negligee. Unsuccessfully she tried to hold back a yawn.
"Sorry I woke you up."
‘Forget it. Can't burn the candle at both ends and still expect to keep your men happy. How'd you find my place?"
"One of the girls."
"Christ, I wish they'd mind their own business. I bet it was Flora. Was she wearing a black gown with rhinestones?"
"That's her. Maybe I better go."
"No...don't go. It's not you I'm worried about. It's those guys at the club. Think they're God's gift to women. Never leave a girl alone. I've had to change apartments three times just to get rid of some of those creeps. Then one of the girls gives them my address and it starts all over again."
"We all have our problems."
Donna looked lovelier, and younger without the artificial face she painted for herself to impress the regulars at the Ace. There was something nice about this young woman who was trying so frantically to be hard. She looked at the clock on the small dresser.
"Hey! It's only two o'clock. How come you're not working?"
"I quit."
"Quit! Are you crazy? What about getting your degree? That's gonna take a lot of money."
"I've got enough saved. I can manage."
"But why quit? What happened Johnny?"
"My boss got pissed off I was talking about my Freement ideas to the guys."
"Don't tell me you let that bullshit cost you your job?"
"It's not bullshit. I mean every word I say."
"Now look honey you might have fooled those young punks who hang around with you. But this is Donna. You gave up a good job because of some ridiculous ideas about freedom. I don't believe it."
"Start believing it. I'm serious Donna. I lost my job because people are afraid of me. That's wrong. I don't want people to fear me. I only want to save them from the horrors of religion. I'm their saviour Donna. I'm their saviour."
"You're what."
"I'm Freement. I'm the new saviour."
"Holy God. Your absolutely nuts you know that. You...John Martindale ...Saviour of the world."
She began laughing at me, ridiculing me. It was the same laughter I heard from her that night behind the door at the Ace. I detested her making fun of me. She had done the same thing when we were at Brewster High. I couldn't stand it anymore. I grabbed her by the throat and slapped her across the face.
"Shut up you fucking bitch. You have no right to make fun of me like this."
"Jesus you have flipped. You're worse than those perverts who keep coming after me. Get to hell out here. Go on. Get out."
"Stop it...stop it Donna, before I really hurt you."
"What's wrong Johnny boy? You're suppose to be the smart guy with all the ideas. Can't you see how funny it is? Here you are, hung up on screwing and you're trying' to justify it to yourself by inventing a bunch of bullshit theories. It would really be hysterical if it weren't so goddamn sick."
Pushing her back to her bed, I covered her mouth with my hand to stop her abusive remarks. She grabbed me by the crotch and squeezed so hard I lost my breath. Taking my hand from her mouth to release her grip on my balls, she spit in my face.
"Bastard. Get off me and get outa here before I scream. Then , you'll have the cops all over you."
"Why are you doing this to me Donna?"
"Because you're sick. You need help...real help."
"But I've got theories. I've created a way to live by without carrying all the crap in our heads that religion has put there."
"Can't you see what you're doing. You're trying' to be a priest despite yourself. You've never really given up the idea of being a priest. Only you1re a Judas priest. who can't get enough of the girls. You're fucking sick Johnny boy. Now stop knocking me around and let's get it on. That's what you need. I'll be your saviour and give you the best goddamn blow job you've ever had."
With that she unzipped my jeans and my pulsing cock grew larger in her tender hands. Her tongue moved up and down my firm shaft and she coated the purple helmet with her warm saliva. Then she moved her lovely body around until her own moist valley faced my tense mouth. She lowered herself onto my lips and stopping her love making for a moment she turned to me.
"Come on Freement. Let's save each other. Give me the blessings of your sexy tongue. We can both play this game."
My erection disappeared into her gaping mouth and I could feel it explode deep in her throat. Her own undulations on my face ceased as she went limp on top of me. My head was spinning when she rolled off, and I could see the shiny remnants of my juices on her lips.
"Now there, Saviour of the world, is what it's all about."
Her bitter ridicule caused me to black out for a moment. I felt weak all over. It was frightening as I felt myself losing control. All I wanted to do was get even with everyone who had made me what I had become. I just kept squeezing with all the strength I had acquired over the many years of hate. When I came too, there was the limp body of Donna beside me, my hands still on her throat, the cords hardening in her neck. I watched her pink healthy glow turn to crimson, then purple. She scratched my face in her frantic struggle to break away, but Johnny boy hung on until the end. When I let go of her throat, her deeply coloured face drained to an ashen white.
A terrific sensation surged through my body. It was an inexplicable freedom. I had the courage to do what I preached. I didn't let my conscience frustrate my desire this time. Freement had passed the acid test.
Suddenly I realized what I had done. Her body lay awkwardly on the bed, her arm extended over the side, barely touching the floor. No one had seen me come in. She had said herself, she had boyfriends who pursued her. When she is found, the first thing the police will do is check her client list. But that other woman at the club knew I was coming here. I had to get to her before the police. She's the only one who could finger me. They can't stop me now. I'm Freement. I'm the new Saviour of the world.
Dragging her lithe body across the rug. I pushed it into a long narrow closet. Covering it with dirty laundry she had piled in the corner, I closed the doors. No one would ever guess a murder had been committed...murder...What a frightening word...justifiable homicide...sounds more humane. I couldn't help it. She drove me to it. All my life, people made me do the wrong things. But nothing is wrong anymore. We do what we have to do. Freement is his own man. I had shown the
superintendent he couldn't threaten me, and now Donna knows that I'm serious about my theories. Man must do what man must do.
There is no such thing as sin. There is just the satisfaction of needs. I needed to end her ridicule. And I was able to do it. Laws are for weaklings. You've got to be strong to do what I did.
My face smarted where she had scratched me. I checked in the mirror. Thank God if felt worse than it looked. I washed it in the bathroom and put toilet paper on the scratches. When the bleeding stopped, I patted it lightly with her powder. The
scratches disappeared.
It was three o'clock. I had to get out of there. In twenty minutes I was back in Brush Street, protected by the darkened interior of the Harmony Bar. Most the bars were kept dark to encourage free enterprise. The girls always gave the owners a percentage.
I went into a booth and ordered a whiskey to calm my nerves. At first I didn't realize there was someone sitting across from me. He startled me when he spoke.
"Its that first one that does it."
For a brief moment I thought he was talking about what I had done with Donna?"
"First what?"
"First drink. Why? What did you think I meant?"
"Nothing...I just lost my job today, and I'm not thinking too clearly."
"I understand...I meant the first drink. The rest are just an anti-climax. Kinda, slow, draggy waiting until you go under. Know what I mean?"
"Yeah. I think I do."
"Hank Ore's my name. What's your's?" He extended his hand, but I didn't take it.
"Something bothering you kid'?"
"I told you...my job..."
"Forget it. There's plenty of work out there if a guy really wants it. Hey Charlie. Bring us two whiskeys. Greatest thing I know for helping you forget your worries."
We both downed the liquor. My head was spinning. I was never much of a drinker. As the booze began warming up my stomach, I realized what a mistake I was making. I had to keep sharp. I had to figure a way of getting that other woman out of the Ace without anyone seeing.
Hank and I spent the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening swapping lies. He had an amazing capacity for booze. The five to one odds finally caught up with him, and he passed out in the booth.
Outside the darkened streets were made bright in places by the sparkling neon. Just a few doors down was the Ace. I went across the street and phoned the club.
"Is Flora there?"
"She ain't come in yet. Starts at nine. Who'll I say called?"
"Thanks. I'll call back."
I was in luck. If I could get to her before she went in, no one would ever know. Parking a couple doors from the Ace I waited. About nine, a taxi stopped in front of the club and Flora got out. The neon flickered in the rhinestones which held her hair in place.
"Flora! Come here honey."
She put her head in my open window, trying to recognize me in the darkness.
"Get in."
"Ain't you Donna's boy friend? Look. I don't want no trouble. Us girls don't believe in cutting into each other's territory."
"Can I help it if I like you better."
She opened the door and slid in beside me.
"Guess there's no use fighting it when you've got it."
"That's the way I feel honey."
I grabbed her by the thigh and squeezed it. As I pulled away from the curb.
"Hey. Where we goin?"
"My place. You'll love it."
"You ain't some kinda weirdo are ya?"
"Not unless you think non-stop fucking is weird."
She snuggled closer and grabbed my right arm and hugged it. I drove up Richmond Hill, out the north end of Chathurst. On the way I kept her mind off the trip by stimulating her imagination with sex talk. She in turn toyed with my penis, marvelling at the way it wore its slightly tilted dark helmet.
"I've been watching you for a long time at the club. I can't believe we're gonna finally make it. Jeez I can hardly wait until you ram all this wonderful gristle up my snatch."
"You're really getting off on this kinda talk aren't you sweety."
"Talk's cheap. I love fucking. Always have...Hey where do you
live anyway ?"
We were leaving the city behind as I took a side road north of Chathurst that led to a rather heavily wooded area. This would have been an ideal lover's lane if it's denseness had not been so foreboding.
"Not much further sweetie."
"Hey. What's goin on? You said we were goin' to your place. Turn around. I've changed my mind. I want to go back to the club."
I turned again down another dirt rode which led into an abandoned gravel pit. All that could be heard was the wind in the trees bordering the large excavation, and the sound of running water.
"Jesus it's scary. You've had your little joke. Now take me home."
"What? And waste this terrific hard you've been working on."
"Look. If all you want is a fuck, then let's do it and get to hell outa here. This place really scares me."
"Okay. There's a blanket in the back seat. Let's go over there on that dry spot and see what you can do for me."
"Okay. But you gotta promise you ain't gonna hurt me."
"Come on Flora. Do I look like the kinda guy who goes around hurting good looking women."
She helped me smooth out the blanket on a shallow sand pit. Then she pulled up her black dress and in the moonlight I could see the dark triangle of hair inside her transparent panties. I put my hand between her legs and my thumb slipped into the moist opening. She was just as hot as Donna.
"Not your thumb. Take off my panties and give me the real thing."
As I pulled the flimsy panties down. the faint odour of musk came from her opening and I bent down to kiss her on the springy black curls.
"God. I love it. Why didn't you tell me you enjoy eating at the 'Y'? This is my favourite way."
"You wouldn't want me to eat alone."
That was all I had to say. She swallowed my erection to the hilt, her head bobbing up an down like an oil rig. I was slow in coming after the tremendous afternoon with Donna.
"I can't see how you can hold it back like that."
"I want to blast it inside you."
"Then give it to me darling. I'm ready. I mean really ready. That tongue of yours was fantastic."
She knelt in front of me, and her athletic bottom pressed backwards against my thighs as I fitted into her sopping cleavage.
"Oh God...oh God. This is better than I could have imagined. I don't care if you did pick the strangest place I've ever screwed. I'm coming...I'm coming. Don't stop. Push it all the way in until I can feel it in my guts."
As I pumped into her. I grabbed her by the throat and began squeezing.
"What the hell...hey stop...Jesus I can't breathe. Oh God...He's trying to kill me...stop it...Stop it...Stop."
With her last breath. I felt the death spasm deep inside her. The walls of her womb gripping my throbbing cock like it had never been gripped before. She fell in front of me as I rode her tender ass that shielded me from the damp ground.
Two murders in the same day. My world was becoming unreal. I could do anything I wanted and it no longer mattered. I wasn't John Martindale anymore. I was Freement...And Freement does what he must do.

View William James Johnson's web page by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home