NOOZOON - New Life

This is where I -- artist, novelist and curmudgeon, William James Johnson -- hang out. Drop in to find out how much mischief an old guy like me can get into.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

I walk five miles every day in the beautiful park across the road. I have regular friends who in our discussions are trying to solve the world's problems. So far we haven't found any answers. But the journey keeps going on.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

My Special Friend

I have a special friend. We've known each other for several years now, and hardly let a day go by without checking in. So what is so special about this guy. He never says hello on the phone when you call him. Instead he always begins with the question, "May I help you?" Since my calls are at random times, I must conclude he treats everyone like this, except in my friend's case he is serious about wishing to help.
He is exceptionally literate and his example and clarity of expression are great models for me. Some would say he is my mentor, or guru, or whatever else I might want to call him. No title is as suitable as "special friend". Sieg (for Siegfried) is one of the most patient teachers I've ever known. I am more than twenty years his senior, and I find there are times when within a day or two, I am asking him to refresh my knowledge about something new I am learning on the computer. Even if I call him at home after work, he takes the time to help me with my problem.
He was the person who got me interested in blogging, and it has been a wonderful experience knowing that there are hundreds of other people out there, sharing ideas. He designed my web site at www.noozoon.com to present my collectible art for children. Through Sieg's E-publishing at www.wordclix.com, I have had four of my manuscripts published.
He is eminently successful in the design of accounting software entitled "Success". He is the owner of a company in London,Ontario, called Helix Courier. For years Sieg owned and operated an advertising agency. Can you imagine having such a special friend. And never has he ever said "this is going to cost you." Sieg is not that way. I wish all of you could discover such a friend. I'll be 77 in July, and I've waited quite awhile to discover the tremendous benefits available by learning about computers. And I got lucky. Sieg liked my writing, and I admired his knowledge. We are a team.

View the biography of author/artist William James Johnson at www.noozoon.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

Hello fellow Londoner! I just thought I would drop in and read your stuff. It was interesting enough for me to take a wander back sometime.

11:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home