NOOZOON - New Life

This is where I -- artist, novelist and curmudgeon, William James Johnson -- hang out. Drop in to find out how much mischief an old guy like me can get into.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

I walk five miles every day in the beautiful park across the road. I have regular friends who in our discussions are trying to solve the world's problems. So far we haven't found any answers. But the journey keeps going on.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Becky and Friends

Becky and Friends B6

Becky called me the other day, sounding very excited. When she does this, I always feel she is about to do a number on me.

"Oh grampa! I saw the sweetest Himalayan kitten I have ever seen. It was the only one left in the pet store, and I just had to tell you about it."

"That's nice. Thanks for calling."

"Wait grampa. Don't hang up. I just want to ask you if you could let me borrow $400.00. That's really a good price. These marvelous pure bred kittens usually sell for over $600.00. And it has papers and everything."

"What everything? I don't know what you mean."

"You know like shots, and the vet will include its own carrying case, and stuff like that. Please grampa, could you lend me the $400.00?"

"Tell me Becky what pets you have now."

"Not many. You know Stella, our Irish water spaniel, the one who loves swimming in your pool. You even call her your grand dog. And Spencer, our almost Himalayan cat, who is already six years old, and the vet says he could last another six years. And of course the two gold fish, and that cute little gerbil. That's it grampa, and if you ask mom she will tell you how kind I am with my friends."

"What about your poodle Sparky?"

"He's not real grampa. You made him up for your cartoon series. And that is one of the reasons I thought you would give me the money for the kitten."

"But I don't get any money for the series."

"Then why do you do it if you don't get paid for it?"

"For fun. Just like you with your friends. And I noticed you are now asking for the money and I haven't heard how you are going to pay me back."

"If you really want me to pay you back, I'll find a way."

"Why don't you and your friend set up a lemonade stand in your front yard and sell cool drinks. In fact, I'll buy the lemons. You better get started right away. Someone else may get the kitten before you can afford it. Bye Becky. Call again. I love talking with you."

Download "FREE" a beautiful "Noozoon Group" at www.noozoon.com

3 Comments:

Blogger SuperP. said...

A four hundred dollar cat?

Poor Becky. That's a lot of lemons.

2:28 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

So many blogs and only 10 numbers to rate them. I'll have to give you a 8 because you have good content.

Free Access To More Information Aboutfinance money

4:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It pretty much covers Replica related stuff.

2:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home